Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's Been a While...

Okay...this is for the very few people that read my blog. :) I know that I haven't posted in quite a while and this is why...my computer is sick. I have no idea what is wrong with it and neither does Jason. One day I turned it on and the monitor looked like it had a mirrored image. It was quite strange. Luckily, I have Jason's computer, but for some reason our camera will not download pictures onto his computer. You can tell that I am not computer savvy. :) I just hate posting without putting pictures on the post, but I am having withdrawals. I have to share what has been going on, so you will just have to read without having pictures until we can figure this dilemma out. :)

Back in late June, I had some girls from high school, Andrea, Kristle, and Jennifer, come into town to enjoy a nice Spa Weekend/Bachelorette Weekend for Andrea. We had such a great time catching up and getting pampered too. If you need a massage and live in the Memphis area, I recommend Germantown Day Spa. It was wonderful.

In early July, we celebrated July 4th and an early birthday for my Daddy. His 50th Birthday was July 11th, but since we just couldn't afford two traveling weekends in a row, we celebrated the weekend of July 4th. It was so great being home with my family. They are the best family in the world! :) We also celebrated Eric's, my brother-in-law's, birthday (July 8th). We had some fabulous food and some yummy cake and homemade ice cream. Nothing's better than homemade ice cream for your birthday.

On July 16-17, I enjoyed a school retreat to Hot Springs. For the past few years, we have been completely over crowded with 7 trailors at Hope Sullivan Elementary. To solve this problem, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades from our school and from Greenbrook Elementary are joining together to create Southaven Intermediate. Since Hope Sullivan is going to have a 'new' and smaller staff this coming year, our principal thought it would be a good idea to have a retreat to really get to know each other and become more like a family. It was such a great idea, and we all got to know each other very well. I can't wait to start the new school year with all my friendly co-workers. :)

After returning home from the retreat the night before, Jason and I woke up on the 18th and took his sweet Mom out to eat for lunch for her birthday. After lunch, we got back in the car and headed to Cleveland, MS for my friend Andrea's wedding. It was a great weekend. I am so glad that she found someone that makes her happy.

So as you can see, our summer has been quite busy, but it has been full of spending time with people that are very important in our lives. :)

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker