Saturday, August 23, 2008

H is for...

Happy Back to School and Haircut!!!

Well, I have been back to work now for three weeks. I can't believe that August is almost over. My school is now much much smaller. We went from having grades K-5th and almost 1200 students to only K-2nd grades and a little over 600 students. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades joined with another school to make an intermediate school. Needless to say, it is so much quieter in the hallways with only the little ones there. I think I get at least 10 hugs a day from kids I don't even know. The little ones always like to give hugs. :)

I am doing the same thing that I did last year...Title 1. This is a federal program that is given to schools that have a certain percentage of students with free or reduced lunch. This doesn't sound like a good thing, but it is. It is a way for schools to get extra money to provide more things like computer labs, books, teachers (like me), and other resources to help students that need remediating. It is a challenging, but rewarding job. :) I am also sharing the site manager position with another teacher for an afterschool program our district has started. I stay late two nights a week and every other Friday, so it's not that bad. It is a way to make some extra money and I am looking at it as a ministry for these children and their parents. It gives me a chance to get to know these kids and parents I wouldn't otherwise know.

Okay...so I was brave and got my hair chopped off. :) Everytime I get a haircut, I get home and noone can even tell that I got one. Well...you can't say that now. I thought that the inverted bob was always so cute on everyone else, so I decided to give it a try. I am really loving it! :) You know from an earlier post about my picture posting problem, but I am going to try to somehow post some pics of my hair very soon. :)

2 comments:

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

i'm sure it's cute! i just got my haircut off too. I get tired of having the same thing for a long time. i miss your phone calls! I'll give you a call soon!

Courtney said...

Love the new haircut!! You are so brave!! Aww, I miss the sweet little hugs students give!! Enjoy another great year!! - Courtney

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker