Thursday, September 18, 2008

M is for...

Magic...

I bet you all didn't know that I was magic. Howard, a first grader, told me today that he knew I was magic. :) Imagine that...me magic. And to think, all I did was show him how to write the number 9. We were working on writing Touchpoint numbers that help the students add and subtract without using their fingers. When we got to the number 9, Howard was having a little trouble, so I just simply showed him how to write the number 9. I explained that it was just like writing a zero with a stick beside it. I guess it just clicked with him because after he wrote it, he said, "Mrs. Dawkins, I knew you were magic. Those glasses on your head must make you that way. (I had my sunglasses on my head from the drive to school.) I can write a perfect nine now. I am going to have to get me a pair of glasses that make me magic. Maybe I can get a pair of SpiderMan glasses and then I might could walk up walls. " I just thought this was too cute not to share. :) Gotta love those kiddos!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great story!

I also wear my sunglasses on my head all day! I think I knew we had that in common, magic lady!! :-)

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

that's too cute! i'm glad you shared! i hope you have a good weekend! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker