Monday, April 21, 2008

'Walking in Memphis'

We were walking with our feet ten feet off of Beale...:) Jason and I went to a wedding this past Saturday and instead of going home, we decided to go down town and get a bite to eat since we were all dressed up. It was such a beautiful day and the sunset over the river topped it off. I thought it was so breathtaking, I had to share. If anyone of you are familiar with the Mississippi River, then you know it is very high right now. The area where the tall trees are in the water is a grassy area that is used as a park. While we were watching the sunset, I overheard a little boy's conversation with his dad. It went a little something like this...Little boy - "Dad, we are usually playing frisbee down there. Why is all that water down there? What happened?" Dad - "Well...Son...(long pause)...(shrug of shoulders)" Then you hear laughter from Jason and me. I thought this was too cute. The little boy was so confused. :)
I also took a picture of the Memphis pyramid and bridge. You gotta love the landmarks of Memphis!!




1 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful pictures! I love going downtown!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker