Monday, June 9, 2008

C is for...

COOKIES!!!
Who doesn't like some yummy cookies? I love my Kraft Foods magazine that I receive for FREE four times a year and their website - http://www.kraftfoods.com/ that has all kinds of delicious and easy recipes. I decided to make some chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies from one of the Kraft magazines Sunday afternoon. We had them for dessert for a prayer gathering at our house. I thought they were delicious and they were super easy even if you don't bake on a regular basis. I just had to share the recipe.
Enjoy!


Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:18 min
Makes:22 servings, two cookies each
1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Place ingredients in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 min., then beat on medium speed 1 min. or until mixture pulls away from side of bowl and forms soft dough.
SHAPE into 44 (1-inch) balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
BAKE 7 to 8 min. or just until edges of cookies are set. (Do not overbake. I actually only baked them for 5 minutes.) Cool on baking sheet 2 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

**You can also add chopped peanuts to the dough before shaping into balls. I made some with peanuts and some without. I prefer the ones with nuts. I just depends on your taste. :)

3 comments:

erinenorman said...

They look yummy! I will surely try these, Jake will love them!

Courtney said...

Leigha,

Those look delicious! I think Ian would gobble those up :O) Your blog is so sweet and it is so fun to see you are doing so well :O) Glad the day of Hunt are behind you I'm sure :O)...I know I am. Take Care, Courtney
p.s. I love all your songs..I'm going to have to download them.

Sarah Sharp said...

I tried these today. They're pretty good, though I think I took them out too early. I used crunchy peanut butter and I agree they're probably better with nuts than without. Thanks for the recipe!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker