Tuesday, September 30, 2008

O is for...


October

What a great month! I love when October rolls around. It means cool weather, chili, campfires, pulling the sweaters out of the closet, decorating for a new season, and CANDY! :) It also means National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know that everyone has known someone that either has breast cancer or has had breast cancer. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women. The chance of developing breast cancer at some time in a woman's life is about 1 in 8. In 2008, an estimated 182,460 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed among women in the United States. I wanted to turn my blog pink to 1). make women aware of how common this form of cancer is and 2) give a shout out to all the strong women I have known that have had breast cancer. One especially is Jason's Aunt Patti! She is such a strong, godly woman who puts all of her faith and trust in the Lord. She is also a great survivor! We love you Patti! Thank you for being a great example for all women! Happy October everybody! Enjoy the great weather and decorating.

1 comments:

Sara Whitten, Brian, Lilly and Walt said...

I love your BLOG...I need help with mine desperately! I want pics! Anyway, hope all is well! See you soon, I hope! KISSES!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker