Thursday, March 5, 2009

Y is for...


When I hear this word, I automatically think SLOW DOWN. This is very important when you see this sign while driving. Hopefully, if you are a law abiding driver, you become cautious of your surroundings and slow down. :) But, sometimes yielding is hard to do when we are in a hurry or we think we should have the right a way. Not only is yielding hard to do when driving, it is also hard to do in a marriage as a wife. Sometimes I wish God would just stick a yield sign in front of me to stop me from saying something nagging or hurtful to Jason. Even though submitting or yielding is not always an easy thing to do (especially for us women who think we need to have the last word because we know we are right) the Bible tells us in Ephesians 5:24 that we are to submitt to our husbands in everything (even words). Wednesday I started the Bible study "Esther: Its Tough Being a Woman" by Beth Moore. In the introduction video, she said that she conducted a survey for all women from different denominations and ages that asked what they thought the toughest thing about being a woman was. The top answer was yielding. When I heard this, I thought, "Ok God, so I am not the only one that has a hard time with this issue." But isn't it comforting to know that we don't have to try to do this by ourselves. He will show us how to be a submissive wife through His word and daily prayer. :)
Lord thank you for giving me guidance on how to be a godly wife through your word and thank you for a wonderful husband that loves me regardless of my shortcomings.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker