Monday, April 13, 2009

Celtic Woman at the Orpheum


There is something about Irish music that I absolutely love. Every Christmas Jason and I look forward to the Celtic Woman special that comes on PBS. It is astounding to me how God gave those four women such an amazing talent - beautiful singing voices. If I could sing like that, I would be dangerous. :) So when I saw the commercial on TV about them coming to do a concert at the Orpheum in Memphis on April 8th, I knew we had to go. I have to say that they sound just lovely in person as they do on TV. If you have never heard them, you have to go to http://www.celticwoman.com/ and listen to some of their songs. Their violin player is pretty awesome too. After watching her dance around with her violin, I wanted to take lessons. :) We had a great time and were glad that we went. If you ever get a chance, you should go too! :)


2 comments:

heatherclardy said...

We love the celtic women. Dad and mom attended a concert about a year ago. I have to admit, we have a DVD of a performance that my dad gave us. I hope you are doing well girl. Take care!

Audie said...

Okay, so my sister beat me to it! I was going to tell you that my parents are huge fans---I've heard the CDs and seen the DVDs. Love and miss you, Leigha! I'm praying for you, and hope you have an awesome week! Maybe we'll be able to hang out one day when I'm home!=)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker