Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break '09 - Trout Fishing

I sooo love SPRING BREAK!!!! :) That's just one of the perks of being a teacher. It was really a much needed relaxing week. Jason and I decided to go trout fishing in Norfork, Arkansas for a day. Jason and his dad and brother go every year, but I told him it was my turn to go. :) After lots of convincing that I was sure this was what I wanted to do for Spring Break, he decided to take me. The lodge we stayed in overlooked the river and was very close to a delicious cafe where we ate huge pancakes for breakfast every morning. I have to say that I was very glad to be able to go on this trip and I think Jason was glad he brought me. We found out that I am a pretty good trout fisher. The day started off really early and cold, but we were prepared in our camouflage coveralls with our cooler full of snacks and drinks, our rod and reels, and our pink and white power bait. :) The very first time I threw my line out (yes I did it all by myself), I caught a fish. We caught well over our limit in one day. I can't wait to go back just to make sure it wasn't beginners luck. :) I will have to post pictures of the trout we caught later, but these are some pictures of where we stayed.




1 comments:

Nicole said...

What a beautiful lodge! I'm glad y'all had a great time fishing!!! It's always good to get away.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker