Monday, March 1, 2010

One week to go before we know!! :)

How Far Along: 18 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss: I have gained 5 lbs. total
Maternity Clothes: yes, love them!
Sleep: not much
Best Moment of the Week: getting the nursery furniture put together and in place. :)
Movement: lots of little bubbles Saturday. :)
Food Craving: at this very moment - a Snicker's sounds very good!
Food Aversions: anything fried gives me acid reflux :(
Gender: don't know yet - we will find out in 7 days!!!!
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button: is still there
What I Miss: getting a good night's sleep - I cannot get comfortable at night due to my aching hips. Does anyone have any pointers???
What I'm looking forward to: our next appointment :)
Milestones: starting to show more and getting the nursery ready



The baby is 5 1/2 inches - head to bottom - (about the size of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 inches. He/she busy flexing his/her arms and legs. His/her blood vessels are visible through his/her thin skin, and his/her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his/her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth. If we're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If we're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. Little Baby D, please be cooperative next Monday so we can know if you are a boy or a girl! :)

3 comments:

Conner said...

I put a pillow between my legs, which helps sometimes. Also, my dr told me that I could take benadryl (which didn't work for me), but ask your dr what you can take to help with sleep that's safe for the baby. Super excited to find out what Baby D is!!!

Michael and Rebecca said...

Can't wait to find out what you're having:) Thinking about you often! Love ya!
Rebecca

Lauran said...

Yay! You are almost halfway there girl, it goes by so quickly : ) I'm excited about your next appointment. Other than the actual day he got here, the anatomy scan was my favorite day of my whole pregnancy. Make sure you take lots of pictures! About the sleeping... I bought a giant body pillow at Target and it was the best twenty dollars I've ever spent. You can move you belly around & use the pillow as a prop and it takes a lot of the strain off your low back because it supports the weight.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker