Monday, March 8, 2010

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails!

After much anticipation...We learned we're having a sweet baby boy. His name will be Garrett Adren! We had the ultrasound today and everything looked great. His heart, brain, spine, and kidneys were all perfect. He was a very active little boy (probably because of all the sweet tea I drank today!) and didn't have any problems showing his little boy parts to the world. :) The ultrasound tech said there is not doubting he is a boy! His daddy was just absolutely beside himself. I don't think I have ever seen Jason so happy before - he was just giddy. :) We are both already in love and can't wait to hold sweet little Garrett in 5 months. (I have already warned Jason that he is going to be a moma's boy, at least while he's little). I will have to add the pictures later. We are too busy showing them off right now. :)
What's Going on with Baby Garrett:
Garrett's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that hemay be able to hear our voices now. He weighs about 11 ounces and measures 10 inches, head to bottom (about the length of a banana). His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting.
Pregnancy Update:
How Far Along: 19 weeks
Total Weight Gained/Loss: 9 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: yes, love them!
Sleep: a little better this week, but not getting congested because of our crazy MS weather
Best Moment of the Week: getting to know that we are having a boy and seeing his little heart, spine, brain, kidneys, and bladder :) They all look great!
Movement: Yes - he is very active, but I am not feeling every moment just yet
Food Craving: a strawberry sundae with nuts :)
Food Aversions: anything fried gives me acid reflux
Gender: A BOY!! Oh Boy!! :)
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button: is still there
What I Miss: being able to bend over without feeling like I am squishing a person :)
What I'm looking forward to: shopping for boy clothes now
Milestones: getting to see Baby Garrett and knowing that he is growing perfectly

4 comments:

Lauran said...

Oh BOY! I had a feeling! I am so happy for y’all. I don’t have to tell you how partial I am to little boys, you already know I’m addicted to our little guy.

SO happy you a good check-up and all is well with baby Garrett (sweet name for a sweet boy). Have fun shopping... p.s. They make Mossy Oak in itty bitty sizes too you know!!! Just say the word : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats Leigha and Jason!! Boys are so sweet. And yes, they do LOVE their Mommy! Let me know if you need anything. Love ya'll!
Kristle

Sarah Sharp said...

I so thought it was a girl! Congrats to both of you! Little boys are so much fun! Brad was so proud when he found out Will was a boy. He was beaming last night when Will said "catch" and threw him a ball over and over.

Courtney said...

Whoo hoo!! Congrats!! I love the name Garrett! He is one lucky little baby to become a part of your family.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker