Tuesday, February 10, 2009

W is for...

Walking by Faith

This is something that I try, but many times fail, to do on a daily basis. With all the negative talk about the economy and difficult day to day decisions and situations in my life and my friends' lives, I have to remember that God is in control and He is sovereign. Altough the challenges and situations are real, we still have to believe that God is holding us in the palm of his hands. Hebrews 11 shows many Bible heroes that lived faithfully -
  • Noah, who had enough faith to build the ark even though there was not a rain cloud in the sky and everyone was making fun of him
  • Abraham, who had enough faith to offer Issac, his son, as a living sacrafic without knowing God would stop him and who ventured out to find the promise land, but never got to see it in his lifetime
  • Sarah, who relied on her faith when she was considered barren but later became a mother
  • Moses' parents, who hid him for 3 months after he was born because they had faith that God had great plans for his life
  • Moses, who refused to be known as the son of Pharoh's daughter and chose to be mistreated along with the people of God because he was looking ahead to a much greater reward
  • The people that were with Moses, who had much faith as they crossed the Red Sea with the Pharoh's army close behind them

This chapter in the Bible gives me a hope that if God did such great things in their lives, then he can also work in mine. I have to remember that faith is not wishing; it is believing to trust in our true God, who gave us many examples in his word of how walking by faith can give us the confindence we need to keep on keeping on! :)

2 comments:

Jon and Kelly Pack said...

I really needed that today.I am so proud to have you as a member of our family. You are such a sweet blessing and I know God gave you to us. Thanks Jason for listening to God when He showed you Leigha!

Sara Whitten, Brian, Lilly and Walt said...

Love you Leigha! I miss my sweet friend who would remind me of that all the time. You keep holding on to your faith sweet thing, God has got AWESOME plans for your sweet self! Hope to see you very soon!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker